We adore pimento cheese around here. It is great served with celery sticks, or slathered on crackers, or made into a grilled cheese sandwich. However, it is also wonderful in almost any recipe that might have originally called for cheddar cheese like…these pimento cheese sausage balls!
Sausage balls are a long time southern favorite but the addition of pimento cheese really takes them up a notch!
These delicious morsels would be a wonderful addition to your brunch repertoire. They are also a perfect game day or party snack!
With only three ingredients this recipe for is about as easy as it gets. You just need pimento cheese, breakfast sausage, and Bisquick.
Homemade pimento cheese is delicious and that is what we would suggest using. Here is our favorite recipe for homemade pimento cheese. However, if you don’t have time to make homemade pimento cheese you can definitely use store bought! (Palmetto Brand is the one we like best)
Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls
- 1 lb ground pork breakfast sausage We use Jimmy Deans
- 2 1/4 cups Bisquick Original Pancake and Baking Mix
- 1.5 cups pimento cheese
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees
- Mix the ingredients together. This is easiest when done by hand.
- Roll into golf ball sized balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes until they are browned
More Tips for Making Pimento Cheese Sausage Balls
- If you want to add some heat to these sausage balls you can sprinkle in a little cayenne pepper before mixing.
- Cooking spray is fine to use to grease your baking sheet. You can also use a silicon baking mat.
- The pimento cheese sausage balls do not rise so you can put them close together on the baking sheet. However, in order to brown properly they should not be touching one another or the sides of the sheet.
- I have found that these brown more evenly when I raise my oven rack to the position above halfway. Every oven is different though!
- These are a perfect snack to have around the house because they store well in the refrigerator. Just let them cool and then store in a zip-lock bag. Remove as needed and microwave. They will still be moist and delicious.
Hope that you enjoy!
What is your favorite quick and easy game day or party recipe?
Thanks for stopping by!